WHO WE ARE
Joe and Mary Matos, 5th generation Portuguese cheesemakers, immigrated to the United States from the lush volcanic island of Sao Jorge, Azores in the 60's and started making their family recipe for a cheese native to their homeland, St. Jorge in 1979 on their farm in the Laguna de Santa Rosa.
Today, the 7th generation of the Matos family is honored to continue the tradition of organic pasture- based biodynamic farming, milking our herd of 35 Holstein, Jersey and crossbred dairy cows, utilizing food waste diversion, raising all of our beef on our farm and handmaking our Portuguese family's raw milk farmstead St. Jorge cheese daily.
Click on the picture below to order St. Jorge Cheese
Prime Beef Shares
- Tell your brand's story through images
Image slideTell your brand's story through images
WHERE TO FIND US
•The retail room at the farm is still open as an essential business to the public every day from 9am to 5pm. Our farm is located at 3669 Llano Road in Santa Rosa, California.
We are only able to accept cash or check on site at our farmstead.
• Marin Thursday Farmer's Market every Thursday morning from 8 to 1 at the Marin Civic Center.
• Sebastopol Farmer's Market every Sunday morning from 10am to 1:30pm in the town square.
• Distributors include Tomales Bay Foods, Mike Hudson Distribution and World's Best Cheese
• Sold directly to local markets including Oliver's Markets, Fircrest Market, Pacific Market, Sebastopol Community Market, Bodega Country Store
Visit our farm and tasting room
3669 Llano Rd.
Santa Rosa, CA 95407
Open to the public daily, 9am - 5pm
Call the farm 707.584.5283
Sales and distribution 707.591.3325